Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Airport

We're going to the airport tonight to pick up my aunt!

Why am I posting about it in advance? Why are there no photos? Why won't there be any photos?

Well, when I was in high school, I took a gifted after-school class in photography. We were working on examples of line. My dad was driving me around to find interesting buildings that, when photographed from below, made for interesting studies in line and perspective. One such building was a tower behind our shop, which happens to be on the premises of the airport. We were pulled over on the side of the road, and I was adjusting my camera (we used, like, actual cameras, with film and aperture settings and whatnot) and the airport security pulls over next to us and start asking what the hell we think we're doing. See, 9/11 happened during the fall semester of my sophomore year. This photography class was the spring semester of my sophomore year.

So I have this thing about not taking photos in/near/around/of the airport.

I hope you enjoyed the story in lieu of photos this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment